Class 3 English - Unit 2: Three Butterflies - Questions and Answers


Activities related to the English reader for STD 3 | Student Support Materials for Class 3 Unit 2: Three Butterflies - Study Materials & Teaching Manual / Questions and Answers
മൂന്നാം ക്ലാസ്സിലെ English Unit 2: Three Butterflies - Study Materials & Teaching Manual, Worksheets ഇപ്പോൾ ഡൗൺലോഡ് ചെയ്യാം. 
Unit 2 Three Butterflies
Teaching Manual

Three Butterflies - Questions & Answers

• What do you see in this picture?
- Three butterflies and flowers

• Where did the butterflies live?
- They lived in a garden.

• What did they do together?
- They play, dance and suck the nectar together.

• Can you name the flowers?
- White lily, sunflower and rose.

• Why did the butterflies stop playing?
- It was going to rain.

• What will the butterflies do now?
- They went to find a shelter

• Will anyone help them?
- Yes somebody will help them.

• If you were the sunflower, what would you do?
- I will give shelter to all the butterflies.
 
• ‘We won’t stay here.’ Why did the butterflies say so?
- They couldn't let their friend go alone.

• What will the butterflies do next?
- They will go to another shelter.

• Where will they go?
- They will go somewhere.

• What do you see in the picture?
- The sun looks at the butterflies.

• How does the sun look?
- He was pleased.

• How did the sun help the butterflies?
- He chased the clouds away.

• What does the butterfly do?
- It flies in the sky.

• Where does the butterfly land to rest?
- Lands on the thigh

• What happens to the butterfly in the end?
- It dies gracefully

Activity 1
• Write words from the poem that rhyme with ‘dry’ in the flower petals.
Activity 2
• Fill in the boxes picking out phrases from the poem that show what the butterfly does. One is done for you.
Activity 3
• Hearing the request of the butterflies, many friends in the garden offered them help.
The peacock said:
Butterflies, butterflies
Come with me.
We can play, we can dance
We can stay together.
The sparrow jumped up and sang:
What would the sparrow tell the butterflies?
The Sparrow said:
Butterflies, butterflies
Come with me.
We can fly, we can sing
We can stay together.

Activity 4
• A. The peacock can dance. The sparrow can sing. What can you do?
Complete the word-web.
• B. Write a song in the following pattern.
I can jump, I can swim
I can sing and dance
---------------------------
I can read, I can think
I can run and drink
I can walk, I can bath
I can eat and sleep.

Activity 5
• Who is sitting near you? Write his/her name.
Lakshmi

• What can he/she do? Write them down.
• Write in the box below, what you and your friend can do.

I

My friend

can play football

can write poem

can swim

can play chess

can play cricket

can sing

can run

can dance


• What are the things that your friend can do but you can’t?
My friend can sing.
But I can't sing.
My friend can dance.
But I can't dance.
My friend can play basketball.
But I can't play basketball.
My friend can run.
But I can't run.

Activity 6
WORD CHAIN
• Help the butterfly reach the flower by filling up the boxes. You may begin the next word with the last letter of the previous word.
Activity 7
• Look at what the yellow butterfly says about herself and her friends.
I am a yellow butterfly. I live in a garden. There are two other butterflies like me in the garden. I have many other friends as well.  They are frogs, dragonflies, parrots, sparrows and peacocks. We play and dance together. We are all very happy.
• Now, write about yourself and your friends.
My name is Anju.
I live in my home. There are two other members in my family, my father and mother. I have many friends too. They are Lekshmi, Raji and Arun. We play together. We are very happy.

• My Words
Look at the picture carefully and fill in the blanks in the passage with suitable words from the box given below.

cloudy

petals

motionlessly

pebbles

shelter

sucking

gracefully

chasing

wings

This is Ammu's garden. There are many flowers in the garden. Smooth white _________ fill the garden path. A butterfly is _________ flying round a flower. Another one is sitting on a flower _________. It is _________ nectar from the flower. The _________ of  the flower are yellow.  There is a kitten _________ a green grasshopper. The sky is _________. It may rain. A small bird is flapping its _________. It is flying towards its nest. The bird has found its _________.
Answer:
This is Ammu's garden. There are many flowers in the garden. Smooth white pebbles fill the garden path. A butterfly is gracefully flying round a flower. Another one is sitting on a flower motionlessly. It is sucking nectar from the flower. The petals of the flower are yellow.  There is a kitten chasing a green grasshopper. The sky is cloudy. It may rain. A small bird is flapping its wings. It is flying towards its nest. The bird has found its shelter.

• Write the new words you have learned in the space provided.
Use them in sentences of your own.
* My favourite yellow hibiscus flower has five petals.
* My home is my shelter.
* A dog is chasing a cat.

* Do you remember who said these?

• No dear, no dear, I won’t stay here, sending away my friends in dismay.
- White Butterfly

• Sunflower, sunflower, it's raining heavily. Shall we stay here till the rain is over?
- Three butterflies

• My favourite fellows the red and yellow ones, you can stay with me till it stops raining.
- Sunflower

• But I can let in here only the white one.
- White lily

• I understood the story ‘Three Butterflies’. I remember the events in the story. I can now complete the sentences by supplying suitable words.
Let me colour the wing with the first event of the story yellow, the 
one with the second blue, the one with the third red and the last one green.

Three Butterflies - Worksheets




ഈ ബ്ലോഗിലെ എല്ലാ പോസ്റ്റുകളും ഒരുമിച്ച് കാണാനും ആവശ്യമുള്ളവ എളുപ്പത്തിൽ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാനും ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്കുക.

PSC Solved Question Papers ---> Click here 
PSC TODAY's EXAM RESULTS ---> Click here
PSC EXAM PROGRAMME -> Click here
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTIONS -> Click here
PSC Degree Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC 10th, +2 Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC SHORTLISTS -> Click here
PSC RANK LISTS -> Click here
TEACHING APTITUDE TEST (K-TET, C-TET,, etc.) ---> Click here