Class 4 English - Unit 2: Paper Boats - Questions and Answers, Activities


Activities related to the English reader for STD 4 | Student Support Materials for Class 4 Unit 2: Paper Boats - Study Materials & Teaching Manual / Questions and Answers
നാലാം ക്ലാസ്സിലെ English Unit 2: Paper Boats - Study Materials & Teaching Manual, Worksheets ഇപ്പോൾ ഡൗൺലോഡ് ചെയ്യാം. ചോദ്യോത്തരങ്ങൾ താഴെ നൽകിയിരിക്കുന്നു. മറ്റ് അധ്യായങ്ങളുടെ നോട്സിനായി ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്കുക 
Paper Boats

TextBooks Questions and Answers

1. What could be the horrible thing?
Answer: The boats sank in the water./ Somebody took her boats from the water.

2. Why did the boy pounce on the boat?
Answer: He was a naughty boy and he had no boats with him.

3. What would Anna do now?
Answer: She would cry and ran away home. She would complaint about it to her parents.

4. What was Aunt Arundhati’s response when Anna complained about the boy?
Answer: She smiled and had sympathy for the boy. She also wanted to make boats for him. 

5. ‘The boy is so rude.’ Why did Anna say so?
Answer: He pounced on her boat and turned it upside down. So she said he was rude.

6. Aunt wanted to make paper boats for the boy too. Do you agree with her?
Answer: Yes, because he had no boats with him. Nobody had taught him how to make a boat. He was a poor boy.

7. What made Anna happy?
Answer: The boy saved her boat. So she smiled at him.

8. Why didn’t the boy destroy Anna’s boats?
Answer: Because she gave him boats and they became friends.

Activity 1
‘I load my little boats with shiuli flower from our garden...’
The boy says many things about his hopes, wishes, plans and dreams.
Now make sentences about the boy’s dreams and hopes, by matching the items in the columns meaningfully.
Join the items in the columns and write meaningful sentences in the space below.
I float my paper boat in the stream.
I hope that someone will see my paper boats.
I bury my face in my arm.
I write my name on the paper boat.

Activity 2
Read the following sentences. Write the word opposite in meaning to the word underlined, in the space provided. Complete the puzzle using these words.
1. Anna is small. But the boy is--------------.
2. Anna learned --------------- habits from her aunt. She doesn't like bad habits.
3. Anna's father started for his office at --------------- and returned home at dusk.
4. The boy launched his boats during the day. He dreamt about it at -----------.
5. The boy pulled the boat. Anna became sad. Aunt made boats. Anna became ----------------.
Activity 3
‘Anna's paper boat sailed through several places and saw many things.’ Read how Anna’s paper boat describes its experiences.
I am a paper boat. Anna's Aunt made me.
One day Anna pushed me into a stream.
I sailed along the stream.
I saw many things.
Flowering plants danced on the shore.
A frog pounced on me.
Thank God! I was not overturned.
Have you had any such experiences while travelling? Write about it.
Keep in mind the following questions when you write.
Where did you go?
When did you go?
Who were with you?
What did you see on the way?
What food did you have?
Which sight did you like the most?
How did you go - by bus or by train?
How was the trip?
-------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------
I travelled in a houseboat last month with my father and mother. That was a beautiful journey. I saw another houseboat and tourists in it. The lake was in green colour. I ate fish food in the houseboat. Sunset was the most beautiful sight in the trip. The trip was really wonderful.

Activity 4
The Boy’s Diary
Arundhati made boats for the boy. He felt very happy.
He wrote his diary. What would the boy write in his diary that day?
12 July 2020
I am very happy today. Arundhati aunty made boats for me. Anna gave those to
me. I wrote my name on the boat and floated those down the stream. We both
were very excited to float boats down the stream. She is a good friend. I will share my gifts with her.

Activity 5
Complete the paragraph using the suitable words given in the box.
 he she it his her they
Anna had an aunt. Her name was Arundhati. One day aunt Arundhati made paper boats for Anna. Anna played with them. She became very happy. Anna went to the stream and launched her boat. It moved proudly. A boy came there. He destroyed the boat. Anna stared at him angrily. They looked at each other. Aunt Arundhati went to her and consoled her.

Activity 6
Read the following dialogues and write suitable exchanges using ‘Why should’ in the given spaces.
Anna - I’ll scold the boy.
Aunt Arundhati - Why should you scold the boy?
Aunt Arundhati - I’ll make two boats for him.
Anna - Why should she make two boats for him?
The Boy - I’ll grab the boat.
Anna - Why should he grab the boat?
The Boy - I’ll take the boat from the stream.
Anna - Why should he take the boat from the stream?

Activity 7
My Family
Arundhati is Anna’s aunt. Do you have an aunt? Who else are there in your family? Complete the family tree.

Activity 8
Read the following passage and fill the table given below.
A Day with Anna
One Sunday morning Anna went to play with her friends Vrinda and Arun. Aunt Arundhati made some paper boats for them. They walked towards the pond. Hey! It’s full of  water.’ Arun jumped with joy. He put his paper boat, fishing net, bottle, hook and shirt on the bank and dived into the pond. Anna and her friends clapped their hands. There were red fish, frogs, crabs and small tortoise in the pond. Suddenly it started raining. They ran to Anna’s house.
Activity 9
Read the following sentences.
Anna bent a little and launched a paper boat.
A fat boy pounced on one of her boats.
The story ‘Paper Boats’ is a fairy tale.
The fairies of sleep are sailing in the boats.
Look at the underlined words. The word in the second sentence is the plural of the word in the first sentence. In the first set of sentences, ‘s’ is added to form the plural. But in the second set, ‘y’ is replaced with ‘ies’ to form the plural.
Look at the following words and write the plural forms of it. Mention the letters that you added to form its plural.
WordPluralLetters added
treetreess
parentparentss
childchildrenren
boyboyss
skyskiesies
flowerflowerss
eyeeyess
storystoriesies
butterflybutterfliesies
 
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8



ഈ ബ്ലോഗിലെ എല്ലാ പോസ്റ്റുകളും ഒരുമിച്ച് കാണാനും ആവശ്യമുള്ളവ എളുപ്പത്തിൽ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാനും ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്കുക.

PSC Solved Question Papers ---> Click here 
PSC TODAY's EXAM RESULTS ---> Click here
PSC EXAM PROGRAMME -> Click here
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTIONS -> Click here
PSC Degree Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC 10th, +2 Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC SHORTLISTS -> Click here
PSC RANK LISTS -> Click here
TEACHING APTITUDE TEST (K-TET, C-TET,, etc.) ---> Click here