STD 4 English - Unit 3: The Language of Birds - Questions and Answers, Activities


Activities related to the English reader for STD 4 | Student Support Materials for Class 4 Unit 3: The Language of Birds - Study Materials & Teaching Manual / Questions and Answers
നാലാം ക്ലാസ്സിലെ English Unit 3: The Language of Birds - Study Materials & Teaching Manual, Worksheets ഇപ്പോൾ ഡൗൺലോഡ് ചെയ്യാം. ചോദ്യോത്തരങ്ങൾ താഴെ നൽകിയിരിക്കുന്നു. മറ്റ് അധ്യായങ്ങളുടെ നോട്സിനായി ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്കുക 
The Language of Birds

Textbook Questions and Answers

01. Why did Ivan wish to understand the language of birds?
Answer: He wanted to know the meaning of the lovely songs of the nightingale. So he wished to understand the language of birds.

02. Have you ever listened to the song of a nightingale?
Answer: Yes / No 

03. How many languages do you know?
Answer: I know ...... languages.

04. Do you speak with your pets? How?
Answer: Yes, My cat can understand my language and he can do what I said. 

05. How did the nightingale tell the secret to Ivan?
Answer: In a very low voice.

06. What could be the secret told by the nightingale?
Answer: Yes, My cat can understand my language and he can do what I said. 

07. Do you think the merchant will like what the bird said?
Answer: No, he don't like that.

08. Will the merchant be angry?
Answer: Yes

09. What will he do?
Answer: He will beat him / Send away Ivan from his house / Never allow him to go out from his house.

10. Why was the merchant worried?
Answer: The merchant was worried because Ivan would become a king.

11. Why didn’t the captain listen to Ivan’s words?
Answer: He thought that Ivan was a silly boy.

12. Will the storm break out? Why?
Answer: The storm will break out. The cranes can predict it.

13. The storm destroyed many ships sailing in the sea. How does a storm affect a shore?
Answer: Huge waves go beyond the shore. Houses and trees along the shore will be destroyed. 

14. How will Ivan get rid of the crows?
Answer: He will solve the problem with the help of the king.
15. What will the crows say to Ivan?
Answer: The crow will say their problems to Ivan.

16. What would happen if we cut down the trees?
Answer: Birds and animals become homeless. We will not get enough good air and rain. We will not get shade and food. Temperature will increase.

17. How will the old man serve the king?
Answer: He will do all the work in the palace. 

18. Did Ivan recognise his old master?
Answer: Yes, Ivan recognised his old master.

19. What would Ivan say to his old master?
Answer: Ivan would say everything happened to his life to the old man. 

📌Thoughts of the merchant
Oh my God! The nightingale said that
Ivan would become a king and I would become his servant.
Will Ivan become a king?
Then I will become a servant of Ivan.
What a shame!
He will certainly punish me because I am a cruel master.
What shall I do?
To stop my worries and sleepless nights it is good to give Ivan a drink to make him drowsy…
When Ivan had fallen asleep I will lay him on a boat and I will push the boat into the open sea
Otherwise, I could not sleep coming all night…

📌Conversation to enact the court seen
King: Who is there?
Servant: A boy named Ivan, your majesty.
King: Bring him before me. (Ivan enters)
Ivan: Your Majesty, I will get rid of the crows.
King: Good, If you can do that, you can marry my daughter.
Ivan: I’ll, your majesty.
📌Conversation between the old servant and King Ivan
Servant: Your majesty, supper is ready
King: OK, Look at me. Can you remember me?
Servant: Yes, My lord. You are our beloved King
King: Yes, but once I was your old servant, Ivan.
Servant: My Lord, pardon me for my previous mistakes. Forgive me, my Lord. I was very cruel to you.
King: Don’t worry. I’ve already pardoned everything.
Servant: Your Majesty, the nightingale was quite right

📌Thoughts of the old man
Oh my God! What a kind King!
Is it the King was my old servant? I never thought the King would pardon my cruelty.
I was very cruel to Ivan. But, he is very kind and good. I will serve him very faithfully. He pardoned my all previous mistakes.

📌Young Ivan understands the language of birds now. He started talking with the Nightingale. What could be their conversation? 
Ivan:  How sweet your song is! 
Nightingale: Ivan, I can’t believe my eyes. 
Ivan: What happened? 
Nightingale: How did you learn my language? 
Ivan: A mother bird taught me to save her little ones
Nightingale. That’s very fine. 

📌Imagine and write a conversation between Ivan and the old man. 
Ivan: Dear old man, what can I do for you? 
Old man: Oh Your Majesty! I lost my wife and wealth. 
Ivan: Oh.Poor old Man! Let me help you. 
Old man: Would Your Highness allow me to stay here and serve you? 
Ivan: Yes. You may serve me. 
Old man. Thank you, My Lord. May you live long! 

📌Ivan knows the language of birds. He talked with crows and understood their problems. Write their conversation. 
Ivan: Why don’t you fly away?
Crow: We have no home. 
Ivan: What happened to your homes? 
Crow: The king’s men are cutting the trees we live. So we became homeless. 
Ivan: Okay. What do you want? 
Crow: We want them to stop cutting the trees. 
Ivan: Don’t worry. I will tell the king to stop doing it. 
Crow: Thank you, Ivan.  

📌Write a conversation between Ivan and the captain of the ship
Ivan: Oh. Captain, Be careful. There would be a storm
Captain: You silly boy, keep quiet! 
Ivan: Please listen to me. I hear the birds predicting a storm. 
Captain: I won’t believe you. 
Ivan: Let us enter a harbour fast or else we will be in danger. 
Captain: Okay. I will do it. 
When Ivan opened his eyes he was alone in a boat. What could be his thoughts? 
Oh. God, where am I reached ? What an endless sea is this!   Who will come to help me? I could see no
one here. I feel so scared. Please send someone to help me. Give me courage. 
📌Ivan became the king of the country and he felt very happy. Write his thoughts. 
Today I talked with the birds. Poor birds. They were homeless. The king’s men were cutting the trees they lived in. They wanted them to stop cutting it. So they perched everywhere. I reported to the king and he ordered his men to stop doing it. All of them flew away and the king got the princess married to me as promised by him. Finally as told by the nightingale I became the king. I feel so happy and peaceful. 

📌Write the thoughts of the old man after being allowed to serve the king. 
What a kind and generous king!. He is so good. He permitted me to stay in his palace and serve him. May God give him health and wealth. If he hadn’t given me a place to stay I would not have got any place to go. Long live King Ivan. 

📌When Ivan became the king, he decided to protect the birds. He understood that the birds became homeless because the people had cut down the trees. Ivan ordered his people to stop cutting trees and asked them to paste posters for protecting trees.
Help them design a poster to highlight the need to protect trees
• Save Trees Save Nature
• No Trees, No Man, No Animals, No Birds
• Nature is the Mother of every creature, Protect her Carefully
• Save Earth and Save Trees
• Plant More Trees and Save Our Mother Earth

📌When Ivan opened his eyes he was alone in a boat. He looked around. He could only see the endless sea around him.
What could be the thoughts of Ivan then?
Oh my God! Where am I? Who put me here in the boat? How can I escape from these huge waves? Oh God please help me, Save this poor boy from here...

📌One day the merchant sent Ivan to the forest to fetch firewood. Soon the wind rose, the sky became clouded, the lightning flashed, the thunder roared loudly, and the rain fell heavily.
Can you describe the scene in your own words?
It is raining. A strong wind is blowing. Leaves are flying in the air. The lightning flashes and thunder roared. Ivan is standing under a tree. There is a squirrel on the branch of the big tree. There are two little birds in the nest. 
📌‘I wish I could understand the language of birds.’
This was one of Ivan’s dreams.
Do you have such dreams? Write down your dreams.
• I wish I could buy a car.
• I wish I could sing well.
• I wish I could buy a scooter.
• I wish I could fly an aeroplane.
• I wish I could meet you.
• I wish I could see you.
• I wish I could come with you.
• I wish I could speak English fluently.
• I wish I could sing well.
• I wish I could buy a new house.
• I wish I could marry her.
• I wish I could become a doctor.
• I wish I could become a teacher.
• I wish I could drive a train.
• I wish I could buy that beautiful dress. 

📌One lovely night Ivan, the king was walking through his balcony.
There were many stars in the sky. The full moon seemed to smile at him. He then remembered his friend, the nightingale. Ivan began to sing a song.
I have a little friend,
She is a lovely nightingale
Her beak is blue and wings are green
She can sing so sweet.
Do you have a pet?
Compile a song about it.

I have a little cutie,
She is a lovely cat
Her eyes are bright and her tail is long.
She is loving and playful too.



ഈ ബ്ലോഗിലെ എല്ലാ പോസ്റ്റുകളും ഒരുമിച്ച് കാണാനും ആവശ്യമുള്ളവ എളുപ്പത്തിൽ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാനും ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്കുക.

PSC Solved Question Papers ---> Click here 
PSC TODAY's EXAM RESULTS ---> Click here
PSC EXAM PROGRAMME -> Click here
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTIONS -> Click here
PSC Degree Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC 10th, +2 Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC SHORTLISTS -> Click here
PSC RANK LISTS -> Click here
TEACHING APTITUDE TEST (K-TET, C-TET,, etc.) ---> Click here