STD 4 English - Unit 4: The Lost Child - Questions and Answers | Teaching Manual


Activities related to the English reader for STD 4 | Student Support Materials for Class 4 Unit 4: The Lost Child - Study Materials & Teaching Manual / Questions and Answers
നാലാം ക്ലാസ്സിലെ English Unit 4: The Lost Child - Study Materials & Teaching Manual, Worksheets ഇപ്പോൾ ഡൗൺലോഡ് ചെയ്യാം. ചോദ്യോത്തരങ്ങൾ താഴെ നൽകിയിരിക്കുന്നു. മറ്റ് അധ്യായങ്ങളുടെ നോട്സിനായി ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്കുക 
The Lost Child

Textbook Questions and Answers

The Summer Fair

1. What were the things that attracted the boy in the fair ground?
Answer: The toys in the fair ground attracted the boy.

2. If you were there, what would you have asked for?
Answer: Toys and balloons.

3. Do you think the child’s parents will buy toys for him?
Answer: No

4. Why did the father look at him red-eyed?
Answer: He did not want to buy toys for his child. 

A Sweet-Seller

1. Why did the boy’s mouth water?
Answer: The boy's mouth watered because he happended to see many sweet items in the shop.

2. Why didn’t he ask for ladoo?
Answer: He didnot ask for ladoo because he knew that his parents would say he was greedy.

3. What is your favourite sweet?
Answer: Gulab jamun / Rasagulla Burfi ? Jilebi / Ladoo

4. Why didn’t the boy wait for an answer?
Answer: He well knew that his father and mother would call him greedy. 

Colours Far Away

1. Will the balloon man give him balloons?
Answer: He will give balloons if his father gives money. But his father won't do so.

2. What are the other sights you would come across in a festival fair?
Answer: Circus, amusement parks, icecreem parlors, fancy shopes etc.. can be seen in a festival fair.

3. Why was the boy sure that his parents would never buy him balloons?
Answer: He knew his parents well. They thought their son was greedy and too old to play with things like balloons. 
Cries Unheard

1. Why didn’t the child’s parents reply to the child’s request?
Answer: They did not hear child's request so the parents didnot reply to that.

2. What happened to them?
Answer: They were seperated from him. 

A Sob

1. Would he find his parents over there?
Answer: No, he would not find his parents over there.

2. Would anybody help him?
Answer: Nobody heard his voice in the crowd.

3. If you were the child, what would you have done?
Answer: I would also cried aloud for help.

A Helping Hand

1. Who tried to console the child?
Answer: A man in the crowd tried to sonsole the child.

2.Where did the man take the child to?
Answer: He took the child to the merrygo-round for a ride.

3. Why did the child refuse the man’s offers?
Answer: He like to see his parents. He liked them morethan anything else.

The Little Boy Lost

1. Look at the words given below. They end in the same sound. Identify and write down the rhyming words from the poem.
# Last - Past
# Fast - Lost
# Dew - Flew

2. Our parents do a lot of things for us that bring joy and happiness. Some of them are given in the lines below.
Read the following lines.
My father, dear father,
Bring me sweets and toys.
My mother, sweet mother,
Tell me good stories.

Now, add more lines to the above choosing appropriate words from the box below.
My father, dear father,
Bring me dress and shoes.
My mother, sweet mother,
Sing me sweet songs.
 
My father, dear father,
Buy me play things.
My mother, sweet mother,
Give me ripe mangoes. 
 
My father, dear father,
Bring me pen and book.
My mother, sweet mother,
Make me paper boats.  
Activity 1
My Favourites
The child in this story likes ‘ladoo’. You will also have a list of your favourite items. Now, fill in the box with the details.

Name : _________________________________
Age : _________________________________
Class : _________________________________
Father’s name: _________________________________
Mother’s name: _________________________________
Hobbies : _________________________________
My favourites
Food : ________________________
Colour : ________________________
Dress : ________________________
Place : ________________________
Vehicle : ________________________
Fruits : ________________________
Vegetable : ________________________
Game : ________________________
___________ : _

Now, write a profile using the details from the box.
About me

Name : Anjima
Age : 10
Class : IV A
Father’s name : Suresh
Mother’s name : Arathi
Hobbies : Reading story books
My favourites
Food : Appam and Egg Curry
Colour : Blue
Dress : Middy TOP
Place : Kodaikkanal
Vehicle : Car
Fruits : Orange and Apple
Vegetable : Tomatoes
Game : Tennis
I am Anjima. I am ten years old. I am studying in IV A. My father is Mr.Suresh and my mother is Arathi. My hobby is reading story books. My favourite food is Appam and Egg curry. I like Blue colour. I like to wear Middy TOP. Kodaikkanal is my favourite place. I want to own a car. I like Orange and Apple fruits. Tomatoes is my favourite vegetable. My favourite game is Tennis.

Activity 2
Conversation
A man in the crowd heard his cry. He lifted him up in his arms. ‘How did you get here, child? Whose child are you?’ the man asked. What would the child’s reply be?
Complete the possible conversation between the man and the child.
The man : Whose child are you?
The child : _____________________________
The man : How did you get here?
The child : _____________________________
The man : _____________________________
The child : _____________________________
The man : _____________________________
The child : _____________________________

Answer
The man : Whose child are you?
The child : I want my Mother. I want my Father.
The man : How did you get here?
The child : I want my Mother. I want my Father.
The man : Would you like to go for a ride in the marry-go-round?
The child : I want my Mother. I want my Father.
The man : Would you like the rainbow-coloured balloon?
The child : I want my Mother. I want my Father.
The man : Would you like a jasmine garland?
The child : No, I want my Mother. I want my Father.
The man : What sweets would you like child?
The child : Nothing, I want my Mother. I want my Father.

Activity 3
Thoughts
‘I want to go on the roundabout, please, Father, Mother...,’ The child pleaded earnestly to his father and mother.
There was no reply. He turned to look at his parents. They were not there.... He looked around. There was no sign of them.
‘Father, Mother…’ he called aloud. He began to cry in real fear. He ran hither and thither, in all directions. He didn’t know where to go.
What would be the child’s thoughts?
Imagine and write it down in the space given below.

Answer
The child’s thoughts
Where is my father? Where is my mother?
How can I find them in this crowd? I am really afraid. I want to see my father and mother.I want to go my home. Will anybody help me to find them? Will they find me?
Activity 4
Scrolling News
The father and the mother searched for the child everywhere. They decided to seek help from the police. They told everything to the police. The police demanded a written complaint. They prepared a letter as follows.

R R Villa,
Devnand,
May 10, 2015.
To
The Sub Inspector of Police
Devnand.
Sir,
My son Riyo, aged nine, is missing. He was there with us at the Devnand festival ground. He was wearing a blue shirt, yellow shorts and a white cap. He is about 140 cm in height. There is a scar on the right side of his forehead. I request you to take necessary steps to help me find my son as early as possible.
Yours faithfully
Sd/

On receiving this letter, the police prepared a scrolling news for TV channels.
Prepare the scrolling news for TV channels about the missing child

Answer
Rio, a nine year old boy is missing from Devanand festival ground. He is 140 cm tall. He has a scar on his right side of the forehead. He had a blue shirt, yellow shorts and a white cap at the time of missing. If found please call us in (phone number)

Activity 5
An Announcement
The child’s father and mother went to the information centre of the summer festival. They told them about the missing child. They requested them to make an announcement to find their missing son.
Prepare the likely announcement.

Answer
A nine year old boy missing from this festival .He won at the time of the disappearance is blue shirt yellow shorts and white cap.If anybody find him kindly contact his father. mobile number:

Activity 6
Here is the picture of a festival spot. Given below is a passage describing it.
Some words in the passage are missing. Pick the suitable ones from the box
given.
This is a festival spot. We can see a tea-shop………….the corner of the ground. There is a big mango tree on the left side of the ground. There is a well ………………. the tea-shop and the mango tree. An old man is sitting ……………. the tree. Some birds are………………..the nest, some are sitting …….the branches and some others are flying……………the tree. A man is standing……………balloons. There are many balloons in his hands. He is releasing a balloon. It’s flying high …………….in the sky.
on, between, at, with, in, over, under, up
on, between, at, with, in, over, under, up

Answer
This is a festival spot. We can see a tea-shop at the corner of the ground. There is a big mango tree on the left side of the ground. There is a well between the tea-shop and the mango tree. An old man is sitting under the tree. Some birds are in the nest, some are sitting on the branches and some others are flying over the tree. A man is standing with balloons. There are many balloons in his hands. He is releasing a balloon. It’s flying high up in the sky. 
Activity 7
Look at the following pictures and read the sentences.
1. A man is selling balloons.
2. Some men are having tea.

Now, complete the following sentences suitably

3. _____________ is making garlands
A woman is making garlands.

4. _______________ are dancing
Some woman are dancing.

5. An apple_________________
There is an apple on the table.

6. Some apples _________________
There are some apples in the basket.

7. A child is posing for a photograph.
A child is sitting on the ground.

8. Some children are posing for a photograph.
Some children are sitting on the ground.



ഈ ബ്ലോഗിലെ എല്ലാ പോസ്റ്റുകളും ഒരുമിച്ച് കാണാനും ആവശ്യമുള്ളവ എളുപ്പത്തിൽ തിരഞ്ഞെടുക്കാനും ഇവിടെ ക്ലിക്കുക.

PSC Solved Question Papers ---> Click here 
PSC TODAY's EXAM RESULTS ---> Click here
PSC EXAM PROGRAMME -> Click here
CURRENT AFFAIRS QUESTIONS -> Click here
PSC Degree Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC 10th, +2 Level Questions & Answers - Click here
PSC SHORTLISTS -> Click here
PSC RANK LISTS -> Click here
TEACHING APTITUDE TEST (K-TET, C-TET,, etc.) ---> Click here