Kerala Syllabus Class 5 English: Unit 01 The Warmth of Love: Lesson 01 - The Kissing Hand - Questions and Answers | Teaching Manual 


Questions and Answers for Class 5 English Unit 01 The Warmth of Love - Lesson 01 The Kissing Hand | Text Books Solution English Unit 01 The Warmth of Love - Teaching Manual Teachers Handbook. 
ഈ അധ്യായത്തിന്റെ Teachers Handbook, Teaching Manual എന്നിവ ഡൗൺലോഡ് ചെയ്യാനുള്ള ലിങ്ക് ചോദ്യോത്തരങ്ങളുടെ അവസാനം നൽകിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.

ഈ ബ്ലോഗ് ഉടമയുടെ രേഖാമൂലമുള്ള അനുമതിയില്ലാതെ ഈ ബ്ലോഗിൽ നൽകിയിരിക്കുന്ന ചോദ്യോത്തരങ്ങൾ, ഇതേരീതിയിലോ പി.ഡി.എഫ് രൂപത്തിലോ, മറ്റേതെങ്കിലും ഡിജിറ്റലോ, പ്രിന്റഡ് ഉൾപ്പെടെയുള്ള ഏതെങ്കിലും രൂപങ്ങളിലേക്കോ മാറ്റി മറ്റൊരു വെബ്സൈറ്റിലോ, ബ്ലോഗിലോ, യുട്യൂബ്, സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയാ ഗ്രൂപ്പുകളിലോ ഉൾപ്പെടെ ഒരിടത്തും പ്രചരിപ്പിക്കാൻ പാടില്ലാത്തതാകുന്നു.

Std 5 English Unit 01 The Warmth of Love - Lesson 01 The Kissing Hand - Textual Questions and Answers & Model Questions
The Kissing Hand- Questions and Answers

♦ Chester doesn’t want to go to school. Why?
He wants to stay home with his mother and wants to play with his friends.
He also wants to play with his toys, read books, and swing on his swing. 
So he doesn’t want to go to school.

♦ If you were in Chester’s place, what would you do?
If I were Chester I would go to school daily. I would get new friends, teachers, new books, bag, water bottle, pencil box, umbrella etc. I like going to school.

♦ Chester’s mother told him the old secret. What may be the secret?
The old secret is “The Kissing Hand”

♦ How did Ms Raccoon help Chester overcome his fear?
Ms Raccoon kissed Chester's palm and told him “Whenever you feel lonely and need a little love from home, just press your hand to your cheek and think, ‘Mommy loves you. Mommy loves you.’ This helped him to overcome his fear.

♦ How did Chester feel when he kissed his mother?
When he kissed his mother, he felt very happy and loved. He also became fearless, comfortable and safe.

♦ Who are the main characters in the story?
The main characters in the story are Chester Raccoon and Mother Raccoon.

♦ Which part of the story do you like the most? Why?
The part I liked most in the story is the secret of the kissing hand. The kissing here shows a mother's love and care, which makes her son comfortable and safe. 
Activity 2

You have enjoyed reading the story, haven’t you? In the story, Chester Raccoon experiences different feelings. Some of his feelings are given below in coloumn A. Match them with the suitable emoji given in column B.

Activity 4

Some events from the story are given below in a jumbled way. You may arrange them properly and write them down in the space provided.
* Ms Raccoon said she would share a wonderful secret.
* Chester took his mother’s hand and kissed her palm.
* Chester told his mother that he did not want to go to school.
* Chester danced his way to school as his mother watched.
* Ms Raccoon kissed Chester in the middle of his palm.
Answer:
* Chester told his mother that he did not want to go to school.
* Ms Raccoon said she would share a wonderful secret.
* Ms Raccoon kissed Chester in the middle of his palm.
* Chester took his mother’s hand and kissed her palm.
* Chester danced his way to school as his mother watched.

Activity 5

Chester Raccoon doesn’t want to go to school. His mother compels him. Here is a part of the conversation that takes place between them. Complete the conversation and role play it.
Chester: Ma ...I don’t want to go to school.
Mother: ...............................................................
Chester: ...............................................................
Mother: ...............................................................
Chester: ...............................................................
Mother: ...............................................................
Chester: ...............................................................
Mother: ................................................................
Chester: ...............................................................
Mother: ................................................................
Answer:
Chester: Ma ...I don’t want to go to school.
Mother: What are you saying, dear?
Chester: I want to stay home with you. I want to play with my friends.
Mother: You will get new friends there.
Chester: No, I want to play with my toys. I want to read my books.
Mother: Dear, you will also get new books and toys from school.
Chester: Please, may I stay home with you?
Mother: Sometimes we all have to do things we don’t want to do. I know a wonderful secret that makes you overcome your fear.
Chester: A secret? What kind of secret?
Mother: The secret is the Kissing Hand. 

Activity 6

Chester and his mother visit the office of the school. Chester looks around. Here is what he sees. Describe it.
The school's Headmaster is sitting on a chair, and a teacher is standing near him. Two teachers are sitting in the office. One of the teachers is reading a book and the other teacher is listening. There is a dustbin near the table. Things on the headmaster's table are perfectly organized. A clock and calendar is hanging on the wall.
Activity 8

When Chester and his mother reach school, they happen to see a notice board. Let’s read the notice. (Textbook Page No: 20)
Imagine one of your teachers is on leave. Write down the dos and don’ts to be observed in your class in the absence of the teacher.

Dos - Engage in creative activities.
• Complete your notes.
• Help Friend in studying.
• Keep the classroom neat.
• Read your textbooks.

Don’ts - Don’t disturb other classes.
• Don't play in the class
• Don't damage school properties
• Don't talk loudly
• Don't leave the class without permission

Activity 9

Read the following sentences from the story and note the words underlined.
• I want to play with my friends.
• I want to swing on the swing.
• I don’t want to go to school.
• Chester felt his mother’s kiss rush from his hand.

Pick out a few similar sentences from the story and write them down below.
• I don’t want to go to school.
• I want to stay home with you. 
• I want to play with my toys. 
• You can read new books and swing on new swings.
• I learned it from my mother, and she learned it from her mother.
• He turned to his mother and grinned. 

Activity 10

Here is a conversation between Chester Raccoon and his class teacher. Read and supply the missing words.
(with, to, from, in)

Teacher: Good morning, could you tell me your name?
Chester: Good morning teacher. I’m Chester Raccoon.
Teacher: Where are you from?
Chester: I’m from the forest. It’s a nice place.
Teacher: Well. What do you like to do in the forest?
Chester: I like to play with my friends in the shade of trees.
Teacher: That must be fun. Which game do you like the most?
Chester: I like playing hide and seek with my friends.
Teacher: That’s great, Chester. When will you go to your house?
Chester: Well, I’ll go to my house after three days.
Teacher: Ok. Thanks. We’ll meet again.

Copyright of this blog and its contents is reserved. Copying contents of this blog is not permitted without prior written permission of its owner.

Activity 11

The following is the diary entry of Ainu. There are some errors in it. Read and edit it.

went with a store to buy some fruits. I saw a big orange to the shelf and decided to buy it. I met my friend on that store. my friend invited me to go by the park and I went from her. we sat at the bench and ate the orange together. threw the orange peel with the garbage.

Answer:
I went to a store to buy some fruits. I saw a big orange on the shelf and decided to buy it. I met my friend in that store. My friend invited me to go to the park and I went with her. We sat on the bench and ate the orange together. I threw the orange peel into the garbage.

Activity 12

Read the sentences from the story and split them into two. One has been done for you.
1. You’ll make new friends and play with new toys.
You’ll make new friends.
You’ll play with new toys

2. You can read new books and swing on new swings.
You can read new books.
You can swing on new swings.

3. She took Chester’s hand and carefully wrapped his fingers.
She took Chester’s hand.
She carefully wrapped his fingers.

Read the passage given below and split the sentences.
A curious raccoon lived in the woods and it liked to explore new places. One day, it found a shiny object and decided to take it back to its cosy den. It placed the object on a soft bed of leaves and stared at it with wonder. The raccoon’s eyes sparkled and it had discovered a beautiful toy.
Answer:
• A curious raccoon lived in the woods.
• It liked to explore new places. 
• One day, it found a shiny object. 
• It decided to take it back to its cosy den. 
• It placed the object on a soft bed of leaves.
• It stared at it with wonder. 
• The raccoon’s eyes sparkled.
• It had discovered a beautiful toy.
Activity 13

Shall we play with words? Complete the crossword puzzle using the clues given below.
ACROSS
1. move or cause to move back and forth (5 letters)
5. to run or move quickly with light steps (7 letters)
7. giving a feeling of ease and well-being (4 letters)

DOWN
2. to cover or enclose in paper or soft material (4 letters)
3. rubs something gently with the nose, as if to show affection
(6 letters)
4. frightening; causing fear (5 letters)
6. an object that is made for a child to play with (3 letters)




👉 Std 5 New TextBook (pdf) - Click here 
TEACHING APTITUDE TEST (K-TET, C-TET,, etc.) ---> Click here