Kerala Syllabus Class 5 English: Unit 02 The Wings of Dreams: Lesson 02 - Rain in Summer - Questions and Answers | Teaching Manual | Textual Activities


Questions and Answers for Class 5 English Unit 02 The Wings of Dreams - Lesson 02 Rain in Summer | Text Books Solution English Unit 02 The Wings of Dreams - Teaching Manual 
Teachers Handbook. 
ഈ അധ്യായത്തിന്റെ Teachers Handbook, Teaching Manual എന്നിവ ഡൗൺലോഡ് ചെയ്യാനുള്ള ലിങ്ക് ചോദ്യോത്തരങ്ങളുടെ അവസാനം നൽകിയിട്ടുണ്ട്.
Std 5 English Unit 02 The Wings of Dreams - Lesson 02 Rain in Summer - Textual Questions and Answers & Textual Activities

ഈ ബ്ലോഗ് ഉടമയുടെ രേഖാമൂലമുള്ള അനുമതിയില്ലാതെ ഈ ബ്ലോഗിൽ നൽകിയിരിക്കുന്ന ചോദ്യോത്തരങ്ങൾ, ഇതേരീതിയിലോ പി.ഡി.എഫ് രൂപത്തിലോ, മറ്റേതെങ്കിലും ഡിജിറ്റലോ, പ്രിന്റഡ് ഉൾപ്പെടെയുള്ള ഏതെങ്കിലും രൂപങ്ങളിലേക്കോ മാറ്റി മറ്റൊരു വെബ്സൈറ്റിലോ, ബ്ലോഗിലോ, യുട്യൂബ്, സോഷ്യൽ മീഡിയാ ഗ്രൂപ്പുകളിലോ ഉൾപ്പെടെ ഒരിടത്തും പ്രചരിപ്പിക്കാൻ പാടില്ലാത്തതാകുന്നു.

Rain in Summer - Questions and Answers

♦ About the poet
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) was an American poet and educator. He was the first American to translate Dante’s ‘Divine Comedy' into English.

♦ Glossary
• clatter: to make a loud, rattling sound
• gutter: a channel on the edge of a road for draining rainwater 
• hoof: the foot of a horse 
• muddy: full of mud
• overflow: to spill over the edge of a container
• pour: to flow steadily and continuously 
• roar: to make a deep, loud sound
• swift: moving quickly
• tide: a surge of water, especially in the ocean
• window-pane: a sheet of glass in a window
• wide: covering a large area

♦ When does the rain look beautiful?
The rain looks beautiful after the dust and heat of the day.

♦ How does the rain affect the people and places?
The rain refreshes the environment, cools the air, and creates a sense of relief and joy.

♦ Write some changes that you have seen after a heavy rain.
• Streets and leaves appear cleaner.
• The air feels cooler and fresher.
• Puddles form on the ground.
• Plants and grass look more vibrant.

♦ What are the things you would like to do on a rainy day?
• Go for a walk with an umbrella.
• Read a book by the window.
• Enjoy a hot beverage.
• Listen to music or watch a movie.

♦ Pick out the lines that describe the sound of rain.
• How it clatters along the roofs
• Like the tramp of hoofs
• How it gushes and struggles out
• Like a river down the gutter roars

♦ Pick out the rhyming words from the poem.
• Rain, lane
• Heat, street
• Hoofs, roofs
• Pours, roars
• Wide, tide
• Spout, out
Activity 1
You might have experienced the rain in different ways.
Write your experience below.
I love rainy days. I watched the raindrops dance down the windowpane, counting them one by one. When it rained I opened the door and stepped outside. I felt the rain was so cool and soft, and it gently touched my face and hands. I felt like the sky was giving me tiny kisses. As the rain got heavier I felt excited, like the rain was inviting me to play. I jumped into the puddle and splashed water everywhere. The fresh smell of rain and wet earth made me happy.

Activity 2
Riddle Round
I come from the sky, but
I’m not a bird.
I can make you wet, but
I’m not a pool.
I come in drops, but
I’m not a teardrop.
What am I?
Riddle
You open me,
When the clouds pour down.
You fold me,
When the rain stops.
What am I?
Write down two more riddles.

Riddle 1. 
I have no voice, but I can tell you stories.
I have no eyes, but I can see the world.
I have no legs, but I can travel far and wide.
What am I?
… A book

Riddle 2. 
I’m tall when I am young 
and short when I am old
I give you light and warmth, 
But I am not the sun
What am I?
… A candle

Riddle 3. 
I have a voice but cannot speak.
I have a bed but never sleep.
I have a life but cannot live.
What am I?
… A river

Activity 3
Look at the pictures and note the words under each picture.
Match the words with their meaning and write them in the 
space provided.

• A sudden heavy fall of hailstones - hailstorm

• A very light rain falling slowly and steadily - showers

• Heavy and intense rainfall - downpour

• Light fall of rain while the sun shines - sunshower 

• A sudden rain along with strong wind - rainstorm

• Light rain that comes and goes - drizzle




👉 Std 5 New TextBook (pdf) - Click here 
TEACHING APTITUDE TEST (K-TET, C-TET,, etc.) ---> Click here